Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 6--low angle photograph


OK, same boots, different day, different (low-angle) view.  Now let me tell you about these boots.  I bought them in the West Village maybe 10 years ago, and I'll never forget what happened when I walked out of the store and down the street wearing them.  A woman did a double-take when she saw me.  THAT had never happened before no matter what I was wearing--except, perhaps, for the habit when I was in the convent.

What happens now when I wear them is that my ankles don't wobble so much, and I'm about an inch and a half taller.  This means I can look a LOT of people in the eye now, and I have to tell you, it's a gas.  I feel bigger and stronger and, yes, younger.  It's FUN walking in these things.  There is enough variety in the garb one sees every day here, so nobody does any double-takes now.  Still, I feel like a badass, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment