Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 4: Something Green



The green grass sparkles in this photo of my two grandsons, Sam, left, and Joe, right.  It's one of my very favorite photos, although I didn't take it today.  Sam is now a freshman in college on a lacrosse scholarship, and Joe is deciding between medicine and research in his senior (junior??) year of college.  But once they were happy-go-lucky children in their backyard in NJ, and Grandma was there with her camera at just the right time.  Waay in the back is their sister, Annie, who can't be bothered with all that silliness.....


Today's photo is of my beloved green cashmere sweater, which I wear day and night in wintertime.  The crickets have munched through it in several spots, and I've patched it with cotton embroidery floss, which keeps the wind out.  I roll it up and stow it in my backpack against the cool breeze of what passes for winter in these parts.  Hah...50 degrees F?  It's to laugh.....

















My friend Loraine made this lovely green tile in her studio at Greenbelt.  She started making tiles about 5 or 6 years ago, and they're getting more complex and beautiful by the batch.  Can't find the photos of Loraine.  Dang!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable photo of your grandsons. :) Love how the color green connects so many precious things in your life. This reminds me, a long, long time ago, I went to the Guggenheim museum and there was this painting. It was green. I looked at the title and it said "green." Somehow this annoyed me at the time. I complained to my friend about how anybody could have done that, why the heck is this painting in a museum? Then later it dawned on me... someday the greens of the earth will be so scarce we'll have to go to a museum to see it. Funny how your pictures called this to mind. Everything is connected, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. diana: green is a wonderful color. who was the artist who painted that picture at the Guggenheim? there have been lots of "green" this and "green" that, but just plain "green"? the exhibition I liked best at the Guggenheim was the one of the motorcycles. I can't remember if any of them was green, but probably. I remember a yellow motorcycle....that's another good color!

    ReplyDelete